Tuesday, November 23, 2010

In Thanksgiving

As Thanksgiving approaches I am reminded of this passing year. Some ups and many downs, but even with the downs I have received gifts from some of the most unlikely places and people. I have been lifted up by others I had no idea cared about me. I have even been lifted up by strangers. Never have I allowed myself to be as open to others has I have become this year.


I believe this year was a learning experience on opening my doors and welcoming others in regardless of the mess. Giving others a chance to offer their care and concern for me rather than push everyone away because I am strong enough not to need anyone. Strength doesn't necessarily mean going things alone.

I am thankful for each and everyone that has touched my life this year and provided me a helping hand, a shoulder to cry on, a diversion, a good story, a caring e-mail (from near and far), and a reminder that love still exists in all its odd shapes and endearing forms. This Thanksgiving I will be traveling for work- another gift. A chance to avoid a familial get together that I am not ready for, not yet.

I wish you all a very happy and thankful Thanksgiving. Thank you