Sunday, February 26, 2012

Ear Candy


Although I probably had more important things to do today, I placed those must dos to the side and , instead, found a nearby bead store to make a pair of earrings. I have never made a pair of earrings before, but after my success with the necklace I made several months ago, I figured I should give it a try. Also, while at the bead store I found out that they offer free classes to make earrings on the weekends (materials are not included in the "free" part). You can check them out here.


These are more decorative than I normally don, but I wanted something with color and this is what I can up with. I like straight clean lines with most jewelry... and European clasps. I am sure the are probaly called something else, but that is what they were called back when they weren't popular here in the U.S.



I know there are special tools for making jewelry, but I believe in making do with the tools I already have. Why not, right? As you can see it doesn't require much to get started- maybe a design plan and a couple tool. Voila!


And, finally, the finished pieces. I am really happy with them, especially since I have never made earrings before.