Friday, July 30, 2010

Break Our Necks for Home

Currently, I am reading Holy the Firm, a beautiful, very short book which provides reflections of a daily life. It is an engaging book and, although short, really provides a nice place to leap into your own mess of thoughts, your own reflections. I am not what some would call religious, maybe spiritual, but not religious, that being said, I still find this book to be an inspiration.

Here is a quote that I found most wonderful:

And then, when we wake to the deep shores of time uncreated, then when the dazzling dark breaks over the far slopes of time, then it's time to toss things, like our reason, and our will; then it's time to break our necks for home.

There are no events but thoughts and the heart's hard turning, the heart's slow learning where to love and whom. The rest is merely gossip, and tales for other times

(Annie Dilliard, Holy the Firm)

My wish for each and every one of you is to find what you are looking for in life, to find the meaning you seek. I know I am searching and, regardless of what I find, I will be happy.

Have a lovely weekend all!